Thanks to Louise Wignall, Vicki Hartman and Daniella Mayer for the pics.
Action for Change: Indigenous Adult English Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
- Pre-conference Symposium – 9am-4pm, Charles Darwin University, Casuarina campus
- PVC’s Welcome Event – following Symposium – Charles Darwin University, Casuarina campus
- ‘In My Own Words’ film screening hosted by the Northern Institute
In 2017 the Australian Council for Adult Literacy celebrates 40 years actively promoting language, literacy, numeracy, and communication advocacy and research. The Conference offers delegates a unique opportunity to explore the conditions required for more critically engaged debates about local, regional and global provision. Northern Australia provides a rich location in which to challenge stereotypes, reinvigorate relationships and provoke new conceptualisations of participation.
Conference strands include:
- 21st Century identities and citizenship traditions
- Institutional and nation state routines and participation practices
- Digital and computational practices in a mobile world
Presenters are encouraged to think about how these themes capture:
- cross-cultural practices and identities andhow these have changed over time
- the implications for locating oneself in the ‘LLN’ or alternative fields
- advances in technology and how these shape and re-shape communication practices and identities
- assessment, surveillance and power in formal and non-formal education
- citizenship practices and texts that produce transnational networks.